Saturday, February 20, 2010

2 Texts + 2 Interviews

"I think it's easier for me to believe in the Devil than in truly evil people. I believe in evil as a concept and I believe in evil as an influence. I don't know, though, if it's a characteristic that's firmly rooted in people. I think there are extremely fucked-up people in the world who'll always do the wrong thing whenever they get a chance, but it's still hard for me to call them evil. But that's an insult to people who have suffered at the hands of those people."
--Andrew Bujalski

"I've been thinking about evil for some time. I've been looking at my three films and thinking, 'How can the grotesque and the evil be more a part of the film?' I've been thinking about the idea of evil and the idea of the grotesque ... Not every plot can tolerate evil, but of course it exists."
--Ramin Bahrani

No comments: